Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gaming Highlights

Go down 
+13
Caffiene
ChibiYali
Mr Damage
Mr typoo1
Vorpal_Spork
hino
ackptuoi
Kat
Squeak
Andy B
Mr_Grumble
DM_Phaedrus
The Mad Hatter
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 3:55 am

Had a blast last night, so much so I didn't even realise it was so very late until it was way past bedtime! Thanks to all those who were there, and it was great to see J-3 make it Smile

I have two favourite moments from last night:

1) when we got attacked by the new skelletons and there were arms and legs and heads everywhere and people were just bashing away for ages; and

2) Jaks asking Trey for something to protect her from mind spells in case she seriously hurt someone, only to be stunned 2 seconds later and repeatedly try to annihilate Ronin while someone kept healing him up. Apparently shouting, 'Get away from me!' while shooting at someone doesn't make them immune to critical hits Razz

Cheers for the fun.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:20 am

Mistaking Twig Blight for ordinary Blights ... and then wondering wtf was going on.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:05 am

The delicious cuisine of the miner's master chef *yum yum*

The two hour site induction at the mines - I knew that dwarf was gonna have a razor-sharp tongue and so I thought Ronin would naturally let Tristan do the talking Razz

The almost total party annihilation at the end was a close shave though affraid

Thanks to all the players for making it so enjoyable... and to Phae for staying awake and letting us keep him from Riccardo until so late Wink
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:20 am

No one died at the very end, thanks to some fortunate heals and the fact that he wasn't trying to beat up the healer Razz.

As for the skeletons, I got the defences working okay but might have to beef up their attacks for the higher end PCs (just don't give away all my surprise creatures for those yet to meet them Razz).
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:19 am

Those skeletons were fun.

Seriously though my two fav parts were raising Tristan and Ronin at the very begining after the Treant ripped them a new arse and then managed to make a sale to one of the two.

Second one was the force field thing and I believe it was Tristan saying "If you don't know the right password it turns you to ash" followed by everyone egging our halforc friend into charging at it.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:15 am

While my ultimate "fall off my chair laughing" moment happened OOC last night (thank you Andy B Razz ), IG I have to say my two favourite bits of last night were Micho asking to be protected by Ronin, and Celend cursing everyone during a moment of prayer Wink

A late but entertaining night! Thanks to all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:20 am

Thanks all for a great night.... the saga continues..... Wink

My 2 fave bits were also that silly old bugger celend cursing everyone and Ronin facing the ultimate conundrum on whether or not to supervise the re-education of someone he would much rather run through with his greatsword.

Cheers and GG everyone!

Oh... and sorry to Rory for being all like "now's not a good time" Wink
Back to top Go down
Kat

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:07 am

I was wondering what was going on with the prayer/curse thing. I got nothing.. no save just no effect..

Firgured it was all you evil people getting your comeupance with the prayer!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:17 am

Nope.... Ronin felt that one alright! Razz
Back to top Go down
Kat

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Changing a nappy???? you guys are downrigght saddistic!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Do I really need to say anything about tonight? No
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Tristan should be around tomorrow to see what is going on and try to sort things out Razz
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:25 pm

Don't trust the elf, her familiar is a fire breathing dingo.

as for tonight... *spams wtf's and lols in a 1:4 ratio*
Back to top Go down
hino

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:40 pm

You keep your sky babies away from me Ronin! I do not watch to catch whatever you have.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:43 am

Andy B wrote:
Tristan should be around tomorrow to see what is going on and try to sort things out Razz

*narrows his eyes suspiciously* Where was he between the hours of 8 and 11 last night? Hmmm? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 6:57 am

hino wrote:
You keep your sky babies away from me Ronin! I do not watch to catch whatever you have.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:00 am

So someone had fun with the naming pen last night Laughing

I almost felt bad for chopping Lassie and Lil Lassie in half with my greatsword..... not to mention the hillbilly goblins.... thanks to the 2 dm's for combining their wickedness for very entertaining results.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 4:22 am

Well when I asked Spor last night to put a fire effect on that flag of Bane... I wasn't expecting the results to be quite so..... errr ... dramatic?

The change of underwear moment came for me when the dracolich appeared affraid
The funniest part was the fact that it was impaled on that tree and couldn't move.... some might say lucky? Razz

So what was that thing's ac btw? The game engine doesn't roll natural 20's quite often enough for my liking so I was hitting a LOT of air hehehe... a fun night! Thanks DM and players alike!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:11 pm

Ok.. so operation: hot potato lived up to the hype.. and it's name.. with the poor little mite sarah/rose/valentine being almost burned to a crisp by an eagerly cast fireball.

Fortunately she... and the others.. survived the night... after the first little hiccup involving Tristan and a stuck hidden door... well Micho... that's Ronin's excuse anyway and he's sticking too it Razz

Highlight of the night had to be Tristan toasting that big black baddie with a spell courtesy of Torm.... followed by a big old crit from yours truly Wink I'm sure we would have been in a spot of bother if we hadn't all ganged up on that dude.

Brown-the-pants moment for me would have had to have been the ... cant even say it... giant beholder...and wondering when the disintegration ray was gonna come out of its eyeball. affraid

Thanks all for a great night... despite suffering from the last, stubborn effects of the dreaded swine flu.. and the fact that my laptop's crappy video card started smoking in its attempts to keep up with the wanton smiting of the seemingly endless orc horde... I'd have to say this was the most enjoyable night of ultra violence I have experienced in my short time here.

If the goblin mardi gras is to be anyware near as entertaining... then the challenge has well and truly now been set Razz
Back to top Go down
Kat

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:56 am

Really happy to have baby rescued. Gah burning the baby.. I am an idiot! Truly a big one. Will suffer for that ic i bet.

We did get Tristan to explain to us all a bit about Silas Weed too for what it is worth, none of the characters there had much of an idea cept maybe that he was a big evil.

I presume the long long long long way round to the final destination was because of dm setting up! Phew that was a lot of hills and dales and burrows we walked over.

Thank you ..specially the dm after all was said and done and all that..
Back to top Go down
Vorpal_Spork

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:19 am

Was a lot of fun last night. I'm sure everyone is very happy to have the baby back, despite Kainah's best attempts to fireball it into oblivion. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:27 am

Crying or Very sad

/ack i just read the ic post.. nooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:48 am

Dam my wife.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:27 am

The "long way round" was a purely tactical move on my part with no DM influence. I didn't want to have to wait through more orcs than was necessary (especially since my DR belt was reduced - I've seen what they still could do even with that Razz). Would have been much shorter from Stormhaven Very Happy.

At least I now know why the paladins aren't running the church (and why everyone hates them Razz) after taking the time to spot all the traps and mark the safe path to walk past them with bolts, only to have Ronin charge past and set off about 7 out of 9 of them (including an epic sonic trap that almost killed me in one go Razz).

I saw the issue with that sword coming too and told him to put it down before continuing - I think he was channeling too much Jedi Knight mythology with that fight and the aftermath though Razz.

Quote :
Ronin Martyrson: Tristan.. this blade
Ronin Martyrson: Does it look familiar? The metal I mean?
Tristan Silverfall: It would be a tainted blade from the mine - I would not wield it

Made you leave it behind for being tempted to the dark side Razz.

As for the fireball incident, it went something like this:
Quote :
DM_Phaedrus : [Tell] erm ..what happeend to the Orc shaman ??! it was at the back of this room
Tristan Silverfall: [Tell] he got beat up with the second mindflayer
DM_Phaedrus : [Tell] um ..beat up how?
Tristan Silverfall: [Tell] fireballed with the mindflayer
Tristan Silverfall: [Tell] was standing about 3 feet beside it
DM_Phaedrus : [Tell] oh dear
Tristan Silverfall: [Tell] just put it in the other side room Razz
Tristan Silverfall: [Tell] unless it had the baby Razz
DM_Phaedrus : [Tell] er ..it did

Very Happy Hooray for rolling a 20 on my heal skill to see what I could do for the baby Razz.

P.S. I still have no idea how I've survived the last two excursions without dying when I have poor gear and not a fighter - especially when I finished off a few Black Orcs almost solo and meleeing War Trolls... (I assume the DM must have gone easy on us to avoid that TPK). Smile
Back to top Go down
Kat

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:48 am

lol see yah I fireballed the orcs at the back.. Good tactics when you don't want to hurt your party.. but oh not so brilliant when you don't want to fireball the baby...

"Oh goes off in shame her head hanging low". Fireballs have for ever been my bane..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gaming Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Highlights   Gaming Highlights Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming Highlights
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next