Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Age: Origins

Go down 
+2
Caffiene
hino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hino

Dragon Age: Origins Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:26 am

Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:53 am

I hadnt seen that one yet.

Best trailer so far, too. Whether the game is actually anything like the trailer remains to be seen, of course Razz I did recognise at least half of the clips as cuts from other trailers that I know to be scripted cinematics as opposed to gameplay.

But still, quite cool. Nice bit of blood that hasnt been in the earlier clips.

... Bloody gnomes.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:49 pm

American version will probably be censored like the Witcher, fine for us though Razz

Will just be interesting if they follow up Origins with a MP version or an MMO one (or both).
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:30 pm

For the longest time they said they have had no plans for a MP aspect to Dragon Age, to my disappointment. Don't you know Andy? Blood and violence is okay in America, it is that nudity and other things that will corrupt the minds of the young ones that have no place ever playing this game. But hey, might as well cater to the soccer mom paranoia.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Theyve said that there wont be multiplayer in Dragon Age Origins, hino. But they've also said that the Dragon Age setting is intended as a series of games, not a single game, which is what Andy is talking about. They havent said future DA games wont have multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Ah, good point. Then I can still dream. Please Bioware, give us something like NWN again.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Posted this on NWNDU tonight but it looks like it may have finally disappeared - RIP NWNDU. In tribute, here is a 25 star post count salute:

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

On topic though, the latest information from the E3 trailer lists Oct 20th as a release date (hopefully 2009 Razz) so not that far away.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Just played through one of the prologue origin stories (dwarf noble), and looks nice so far. Party oriented combat like BG2 but much more fluid in using special abilities. Anyway looks like something nice for when Aeon is quiet, but still doesn't have MP which is the only thing I can fault so far Smile. Blood splatter all over my dwarf's face and armour in the cutscenes took a bit of getting used to, but I guess the dwarves don't care Razz.

Picked it up off steam for about AU$55 for standard version and then about $10 for the extra DLC (warden's Keep). Only issue was the digital download was about 15Gb but managed to pull it off across two monthly periods as my monthly cap refreshed Smile. DLC is about 550MB for the included Stone Prisoner and 330MB for the Warden's Keep (can doownload them at any time later).
Back to top Go down
Theytrew1

Theytrew1

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Andy B wrote:
Posted this on NWNDU tonight but it looks like it may have finally disappeared - RIP NWNDU. In tribute, here is a 25 star post count salute:

On topic though, the latest information from the E3 trailer lists Oct 20th as a release date (hopefully 2009 Razz) so not that far away.

Those stars should be green!

And NWNDU looks like its still there to me.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:24 pm

It was just a temporary drop at that stage although for all intensive purposes it is dead. Maybe time for a new DA forum Razz. Will be interesting to see how many community mods are made for a SP game - not sure if there were that many decent Witcher mods made by users (ones I tried weren't super).
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:04 am

Is Witcher any good? I rarely buy new games, so Im always playing catch up. I wait till theyre in the Thats Hot Collection or on sale at EB games. Currently saving pennies for the double release of Bioshock and Oblivion lol. Are they worth it?
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:12 pm

I enjoyed the witcher but it really depends on your tastes - there is a demo you can try out but I think it is about a 2GB download. The extra community built mods weren't too flash that I've seen so you really are just buying the campaign for now (still enjoyed it as choices in game often have unforeseen consequences rather than being easily good or evil).
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 5:24 am

So whos played Dragons Age and is it any good? Just looking at reviews for the new Toolset which seems fairly comprehensive. Shame its only singleplayer.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:05 am

I'm enjoying it although not making the most of the customisable AI and just manually setting my party as to what to do normally.SP only is probably the main issue and haven't had a look at the toolset yet, so that will be on the todo list Smile. Only other thing is that the party emmbers ar a bit fighter heavy - 5 fighters, 2 rogues, 2 mages, but I have a 2-1-1 team at the moment this time so still have some options for a second run through. Also like how the codec information about the world is done - very nice for learning the intricasies of a new world.

DLC extras are probably not that fancy so far (and the main one with the extra party member is free with new sales anyway).
Back to top Go down
TheSilentBugler

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:52 am

Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised, the game's a blast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Player - Open Forum-
Jump to: