Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Party Thanks

Go down 
+7
DM_Gormagon
Kat
ChibiYali
Andy B
hino
The Mad Hatter
Vorpal_Spork
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vorpal_Spork

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:11 pm

A major thanks to everyone that showed up at the party. Special thanks to those that let me dragoon them into performing and to the DMs for all the setup and crowd control. Was a ton of work for the DMs, so I hope everyone had a good time. jocolor
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:26 pm

While Jaks found the whole thing rather boring, I thought you all did a fantistic job! Was actually really cool! Do I hear Annual Event? Razz

Thanks to the DMs too!
Back to top Go down
hino

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Wait nobody died and there were DMs around? *blinks a moment* Slackers Twisted Evil So was there a reenactment of the grand battle between the Terror of the North and his bitter rival Ronin? Razz
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:10 pm

No but Rori did a good story about your pen in town Very Happy (and some spontaneous poetry with some old hands trying to make it tricky Razz)
Back to top Go down
ChibiYali

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:14 pm

I had a great time!

It's great being over the top, especially when compared to my last character, lol

It was awesome to see people being entertained, and seeing people being not entertained at all.

The DM's: You guys rock! From setting up such a gigantic thing with all the placeables and then the entertainment thereafter.. I loved it all!

And yay for annual event!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Fantasmagorical.. beautiful setting up. Those lights along the shore should be permanent. and a great way to get to know other peoples characters a little more..

That opening was spectacular

Yali and Vorp.. out bloody standing!

Shakes her fist at Rain. . I so said nooo to performing.. I missed the poetry and Tyractus so be prepared to be asked for an encore performance..soon!
Back to top Go down
DM_Gormagon

DM_Gormagon

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptyMon May 18, 2009 3:00 am

Sounds like it all went down a treat! Congratulations to VP for all the organising, and effectively running the event. DM input was very minimal.

Although I will ask that next year, when Celend turns 61, can we organise the event for AFTER a reset so that I don't have to do it twice? Razz

Thanks to Phae for chipping in at the last minute and helping with the second set up. Glad you guys all had fun.

G
Back to top Go down
Warpgoat

Warpgoat

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptyMon May 18, 2009 4:25 am

Damn

Sorry i missed it guys sounds like you had a blast.

I on the other hand was on my hands and knees with my computer in bits swearing at it "what the f*%k do you mean you cant find my hard drive, its right f*%kinig there"

So a good night was had by all

Oh i play Quinn and Decardo btw.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptyMon May 18, 2009 4:44 am

What a great night... even though my puter struggled to keep up with everything that was going on ... I was overwhelmed both IC and OOC by too much sensory input.. and certain other things conspiring to distract me..... It was so much fun!

DMs = Awesome job setup and crowd comments... particularly the brawls and calls to 'git yer bollocks out!'

Messy little drunks in party dresses.. not looking at anyone inparticular.... the entertainment was first rate.. the pyrotechnics.. or should we say pyromania... wicked!

And the assortment of outfits.. well.. lets just say poor old Ronin had a few jaw-dropping, eye-popping moments heh

Kudos to all involved.. and happy birthday ya old git!
Back to top Go down
hino

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptyMon May 18, 2009 5:03 am

And screenshots are where?! HMM!
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptyMon May 18, 2009 8:46 am

I honestly wasn't going to turn up at all as I had other things that needed doing but someone.... didn't get on until it already started.... and couldn't deal with something until it was over.

All in all it was a fun night, I didn't really like the last singing act and the fact the party just kept going on and on. I wasn't expecting the thing to go until 9:30ish... Congrats at organising the entire thing people, it was well thought out and performed.
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:14 pm

yep that was great hehe Razz

Tyractus was OUTRAGED! cut from the show? Suspect OUTRAGEOUS!!!
was meaning to send you a PM vorp that Tyractus was going to do something else hehe, but was just way too busy to get around to it. Wasn't even sure I could make it, but glad I did. The bandaids on my ears after that 'you can do better...' gig can come off tomorrow so its all good. Probably better though he was cut, was seriously considering using a fireball lol for his act. Ah the screaming peasents and mayhem that woulda caused lol. Almost worth the ensuing permakill it would of attracted hehe.

Kudo's to the DM's and all, was great!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:42 pm

I sent a PM to Kat to fireball the crowd as her magic trick, but she didn't do it Razz
Back to top Go down
Kat

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Andy B wrote:
I sent a PM to Kat to fireball the crowd as her magic trick, but she didn't do it Razz

Oh you are soooo naughty Andrew!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Party Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party Thanks   Party Thanks Empty

Back to top Go down

Party Thanks
Page 1 of 1