Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb

Go down 
+3
Jamoise
hino
sporaxis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb Empty
PostSubject: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:34 am

Hi Guys

Server is dead, well not the server as such but something to do with the network, routher and the pipes that transmit all that wonderful information. Until I can get some time to physically to get over there and retrieve the server and rebuild test, scream and do stuff, not going to be fix.
Matless, bless his rotten synthetic socks, has been doing everything he can to trouble shoot the server for me to no avail. He is doing one last test today, then it will be a case of suck it up until Monday.

On the plus side, I am moving house, I will have real broadband again and well yay.

Spor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
hino

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 am

*whimpers* But..we will have to find other servers?! Or oh my god, go outside! *screams*
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:11 am

your worst fears have now been realised.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:13 am

Allow the sun to kill off your undead parts. Plus side, is it gives me some time ot build.

SPor
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 am

and respond to pms?
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:31 am

Hmmm bugger if I have to. Have read them though but need to think on a few things..
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 am

hino wrote:
*whimpers* But..we will have to find other servers?! Or oh my god, go outside! *screams*

Or try some building for when it is back Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Can someone try to connect again and report back asap, i can finally connect by lan, but cant see it on gamespy
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Just tried, and Direct Connect comes back quickly with Cant Find Server. Which is different to timing out trying to connect after finding the server, but not significantly more helpful...
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 pm

runiing wireless connection atm, this way spor can log in and fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr typoo1

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Yes I'm a god and my cat needs toilet training, seems he pissed on the cable, lucky i have lots of spares handy for these type of things.
Back to top Go down
Relexx

Relexx

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Mr typoo1 wrote:
Yes I'm a god and my cat needs toilet training, seems he pissed on the cable, lucky i have lots of spares handy for these type of things.
Sounds like your cat needs to meet my dog!
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:38 am

Having a few problems again...

This time its been running fine and then randomly stopping responding... Just goes silent, cant find the server to reconnect, etc. Then a few minutes later it reappears and hasnt even realised Ive been gone.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Haven't had any issues myself yet.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Might have calmed down now... it did it 3 times between about 4pm and 6pm, but I havent been on for long since 6 so I dont know if its happened since then.

Happened to Squeak too, so it wasnt just my end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb   IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb Empty

Back to top Go down

IT'S DEAD FRED! - ETA Recovery Tuesday 2nd Feb
Page 1 of 1