Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wanted: DM for Aeon PW

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Wanted: DM for Aeon PW Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: DM for Aeon PW   Wanted: DM for Aeon PW EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 1:40 pm

WANTED: NWN1 DM for Aeon PW
DM Skill Level:Beginner - Intermediate
Building Experience: Not Required

Aeon PW is looking for another two DMs that can make themselves available on a part time basis and will add some life to the world through ambience and running events. It is preferrable that the applicants have some DM experience, however a lack of experience will not count against them.

Aeon is a relatively small Australian PW that is slowly gaining an a play audience that is RP focussed. Details are listed below

Knowledge of the Forgotten Realms setting would be an added bonus.

Please send an application via email to sporaxis@gmail.com, in your application please include the following;
- Experience level
- Worlds or groups you have NWN DM'd for
- Strong Points (what you may be good at as a DM)
- Weak Points (What you feel you are not good at)
- Anything you think might make me consider you a DM
- Dialogue around why you would want to DM on Aeon
- An event for low levels and the details around the event to make it successful.
- And finally how you would deal with an player that is powergaming or abussive to others.

Quote:
The Aeon Leadership are please to announce that our role playing persistant world 'Aeon PW' is now live, as of Monday 8th of December 2008. It is anticipated that the server will operate 24/7 barring power failures or acts of god (or a deity that you may subscribe to, or not). If you are unsure what an act of god is, please consult your insurance notes, they will truly define what you are not covered for.

SERVER OVERVIEW

Aeon PW is a NWN1 persistent world, adapted to fit within the Forgotten Realms Setting. The lcoation of the primary playing areas, of Aeon PW, is on the North Eastern coast of the Moonsea, a largely unexplored area. The area contains many secrets and treasures for those willing to explore and leave the safety of Port Stormhaven.

Aeon PW is based on the Aeon: Frontier PW, developed by the Aeon Team (BarryTheHatchet, Relexx & Sporaxis). The original Aeon: Frontier was based on custom world setting which had no ties to the Forgotten Realms setting. Aeon PW, has removed the custom setting and is now currently being updated to exist within the Forgotten Realms settign, some time after the Spell Plague.

Player commentary is welcome, and valid requests will be taken into consideration by the Leadership team for inclusion or modification to the world.

To get a good feel for world history and to participate in the Aeon community it is strongly recommend you join the Aeon PW forums. The forums can be found here... http://aeon.heavenforum.org

SERVER CONNECTION DETAILS

Address: sporaxis.ath.cx:5121

Server: Aeon PW

Type: Role Play

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

You will need NWN, with SoU, and HotU - 1.69 patch along with CEP 2.1 and the Aeon PW haks.

Aeon PW is reliant on custom content, which has allowed the builders to add some content unique to the world. To play on Aeon you will need the following.

1. NWN 1.69 plus all expansions to SOU
2. CEP 2.1
3. Aeon PW custom content

CEP 2.1

CEP2.1 can be sourced from the vault, if you do not already have it.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ha ... il&id=7478

You will require all the hacks and the simplest means of downloading and installing them is via this link http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Download.php?id=118189

Note: Aeon PW does not provide support regarding installation of this content.

Aeon PW Cutom Content

The haks required by Aeon, consist of 4 Haks, you can either download each one or the lot as a single download. Once downloaded, unrar them into you nwn hak directoy, which is commonly found at c:\neverwinternights\nwn\hak

Single Hak Download - 66mb

or 4 parts

Part 1 : Aeon_Misc_R11 - 7.3mb
Part 2: BTH_Aeon01R11 - 40mb
Part 3: BTH_Aeon02R11 - 14mb
Part 4: DOA_CR21R10 - 5.7mb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTIONAL PORTRAITS

Hoax's Portrait pack can be found on the Neverwinter Vault here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=po ... il&id=3940
Download the file and expand the contents into your \NeverwinterNights\NWN\portraits folder

Mechanics (direct grab from Aeon)

By playing on Aeon: Frontier you agree to the rules of the server and the spirit of the rules, regardless of having read them or not. Ignorance is no excuse.

Revision 1.05
Player Starting level: 1 or 3
Number of Player characters: 2
Class Restrictions: None
Races: Standard NWN races
Subraces: Permitted (Automated system to be implemented)
PRC restriction: RDD & Purple Night by RP only
Resting: 6 game hours
ILR: Active
Level Restrictions: Must have a minimum 3 levels per class by level 12, Must have a minimum 5 levels in every class by level 20. PRC levels count towards level requirements.

for example;

Legal Level 12 Character: 3 levels Rogue, 3 levels Fighter & 6 levels Shadow Dancer
Legal Level 20 Character: 15 levels Fighter & 5 levels Black Guard
Legal Level 15 Character: 9 Levels Cleric, 4 levels Druid & 2 levels ranger
Illegal Level 19 Character: 18 Levels Sorcerer & 1 Level Paladin will not progress past 20.
Illegal Level 11 Character: 2 levels Rogue, 4 levels Fighter & 6 levels Ranger, will not progress past level 12.

If a character fails validation they will still be playable but unable to gain further levels. We will not under any circumstance allow a player to rebuild their character.

Death Rules
Death is treated rather simply on Frontier, when you die the following occurs;

1. XP Loss and gold drop onto a corpse.
You can wait for a resurrect or raise, no further XP loss..

or

2. Respawn to Spirit Plane and talk to the Soul Guide
2.1 Return to a neutral death crypt. - loose some XP
2.2 Return to the Death Scene loose a lot more XP

Note: Damage is persistant, across logins and resets.

Server Rules
Playing on the server means that you agree to these rules.

1. HAVE FUN
This server is for all of the community to enjoy, please respect all that play.

2. THE TOUGH STUFF
- The decisions of the DM's are final, if you have any further issues please contact the Aeon Leadership Team.
- Any decision of the Aeon Leadership Team is final.
- Do not exploit. Exploiting is cheating and will not be tolerated. Exploiting includes, but is not limited to: muling, twinking, metagaming and logging out during combat. It is expected that you will play within the spirit of the game and report any exploits via a PM to the Aeon Leadership team.

3. CHARACTERS
This server allows up to two characters per CD key. This is to allow character diversity for an individual player. We expect players who choose to play multiple characters will distinguish between each character's individual knowledge and not share resources. Both matters are considered exploiting.

Aeon PW is a PW based in the Forgotten Realms setting, races present in this setting are acceptable on Aeon, however a player must be prepared to justify extreme choices. You should check the NWN Aeon forums for details of gods in this world. Select the forum link from our website for more details http://aeon.heavenforum.org/

Player characters are not to be created with wings, horns or tails without prior approval from the Aeon Team.

Player characters are to be created with skin colours that are within acceptable skin tones for NWN racial types. Metallic, purples, two tones and absolute white or black are not permitted as skin tones within the current scope of Aeon PW.

4. ROLE PLAY
This is a role play server and you are required to be in character during the course of the game. Out of character talk is limited to the OOC Room. Refrain from using leetspeak, smilies and acronyms such as lol & rofl during the course of role play.

5. PVP
While Player Vs Player combat is not discouraged there are several requirements when considering PVP
a. Opponent must be set to HOSTILE
b. It must be role-played.
c. Both parties must consent to the PvP (through tells)
d. There must be no revenge killing by the deceased parties.
e. Any further queries consult the DM's or Aeon Leadership Team

8. CORRECTIVE ACTION
The Aeon Leadership and DM Team will take whatever corrective actions are necessary to ensure players stay within the bounds of the rules.

7. LEVEL CHECKS
Level checks are performed at Levels 12 and 20. A character must have a minimum of 3 and 5 levels respectively in each class that they have at these levels. If you do not you character will be unable to gain further levels.

8. FORUM REGISTRATION
All players are encouraged to register on http://aeon.heavenforum.org/ as all server announcements will be communicated to players there. The forums contain further Aeon world information.

9. HAVE FUN
This server is for all of the community to enjoy, please respect all that play.
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com

Wanted: DM for Aeon PW
Page 1 of 1