Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quest-free Zone?

Go down 
+6
Mr Damage
Caffiene
sporaxis
The Mad Hatter
Squeak
ReddyRedRooster
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ReddyRedRooster

ReddyRedRooster

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:35 am

As a relative newby to this world, I've been having a ball interacting with the other players, as well as gradually expanding my travels.

I have noticed however that I am yet to find one single quest? The only one that seems available is the Goblin quest, which still seems broken (I've now dumped about 3 heads on the floor!).

Am I missing something? Is this intentional? I was extremely surprised when I traveled to Aram (a long way for little legs) and failed to find even one quest?

I'm looking forward to some feedback, from DMs and players!
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 7:53 am

The server is still in it's infant stage. They may come with time however I tend to dislike scripted quests compared to DM'ed quests that we have oh so gotten use to having, so I believe we're spoiled already.

I'd say just hang in there Reddy, things are happening all the time and you can also make your own quests up to entertain yourself if you require it (the xp and gp reward won't be the same but the RP reward might be better). I know me and err someone have been etertaining ourselves with our own sort of games/quest/somethings. All you really need is a PC that doesn't hate your guts and some random idea of fun.

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:21 am

Its true, you can have lots of fun with a bit of imagination and an, um, eager accomplice. Cool
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 am

Squeak, has it right, we are still taking baby steps and growing. Quests are ont he slate for development but we are looking at making them richer and more real for people. There is so many times you can collect type quests.

The DM's are currently adding the richness via in game, rp style events and over time the quests will flow in. I expect to see a lot more appearing after, we move to CEP2v2 and new haks are floated to the players.

Spor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
ReddyRedRooster

ReddyRedRooster

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 am

That's all fine- I guess I was used to Melni, and often was soloing, whereas here there are more lower levels so plenty of people to party with.

I've done two Saturday nights and they've been great - brings back memories of "The Gates of Myth Drannor" which I did through the NWNDownunder gang.

Had an explore last nigh and met a few Ogrillion - first time - tough to solo but i made it!

So the bottom line is I'm looking forward to joining you all for some fun!
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:37 am

*points to the Roll Call thread*

Then sign up my fine fellow! Harmless and non-deadly fun *cough, cough* will be the order of the day! Cool
Back to top Go down
ReddyRedRooster

ReddyRedRooster

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 am

OK, so I've gone exploring - and now I'm in Hartwood!

Have i gone too far away from the populated world? Twas fun to walk here.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:14 am

I wouldnt say its "too" far...

From my experience, the server at this stage of development is like a stage set up for player RP. Once you get beyond a few areas from Stormhaven, there isnt really an active "populated world", more like a setting waiting to come alive - the players and DMs are the interesting points outside of Stormhaven.

My advice is to treat it as sightseeing Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 am

There are a few 'monster' areas around there or a few maps back if you explore abit Cool
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Hartwood? Where the frek is that ...

*logs in for some DM exploration time*
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Quote :
Hartwood? Where the frek is that ...

*logs in for some DM exploration time*

That explains why the server just went down. Also Hartwoods a nice place, also has a few interesting shops around the place.

As for it being to far out, it most certainly is I've never once seen another player there while I'm there.

Squeak
Back to top Go down
Dances wiv Shadows

Dances wiv Shadows

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:48 pm

*releases his patent on the word "frek"*

Hartwood is cool and will be great when finished some of the more challenging encounters and loot lie near there.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:50 pm

*smacks dances and makes a shushing noise*
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Hartwood is a nice spot and only 4 maps away from things that will kill an unprepared PC in about 10 seconds Smile.

Enjoy your exploration Twisted Evil

[EDIT]: Or was that 3... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:21 pm

You do realise that Torch has infected half the server with frek now? It's everywhere! affraid
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 5:39 pm

I"m sure I've heard NPCs use it.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quest-free Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest-free Zone?   Quest-free Zone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Quest-free Zone?
Page 1 of 1