Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Broken Shield OOC Roll Call

Go down 
+7
Andy B
Ryxxa
Mr Damage
The Mad Hatter
Squeak
Toroi
DM_Phaedrus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Broken Shield OOC Roll Call Empty
PostSubject: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:32 am

I would like to run this over the coming weekend ... times are as usual gathering in Stormhaven around 700pm ish aest (qld).

As this will be a hard adventure I do not discourage lower levels in joining, but there does need to be a fair spread of skills and abilities in order to keep PCs alive. This will be an undead venture, and so it requires a party capable of meeting that kind of threat and/or at least equipped suitably. At least one PC representing the Church will be favourable.

Because of this I am open to the actual day of playing in order to maximise the best turn out. Either Friday night or saturday night is good for me. Sunday night will be available but a slightly later start.

This is plot related and will involve a bit of travel to get to the point of death .. er ... sorry, did I say that, no, I meant adventure ...

If you are interested please post -
your PC name,
class/level,
preference for the night you can play.
Back to top Go down
Toroi

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 6:05 am

Arashi
druid/shifter - level 9
No night preference, really
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:12 am

Priest Trey,
Level 12, Ranger Cleric.

He might tag along depanding on those who are around at the time (Have another commitment for this weekend but might blow it off depanding on those going, if not I'll likely be semi afk as normal in town).

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:19 am

Jaks level 11 Rogue/Assassin

Either night works for me.
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:35 pm

apologies, don't think I can make it doh.

Last edited by Mr Damage on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryxxa

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Anthatal, level 9 Cleric/fighter

Friday or Saturday should be OK, not Sunday though

Very likely to join after you've started given the time difference to Perth though, especially if its starts Friday.
A hint to where you might be headed so I can join en route would be appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:25 pm

I should be around with Tristan if it is church related (level 7 cleric). At this stage any night should be fine unless something comes up tomorrow. If I can make it, I'll be around a bit beforehand anyway.

Do I need to spend all the gold I was saving for gear to keep me alive on raise scrolls? Razz
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Ok, We'll make this for Saturday Night 14.March.09 (tomorrow evening)

700pm aest QLD
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:21 pm

So this means, maybe Trey, Tristan, Jaks, Arashi and Anthatal is all that's signed up to come? Yikes...... affraid

*really wants to run and hide somewhere*.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Im not sure theres many more high levels around than that, are there?

Varzokh may be around. Hes only level 5, but hes not smart enough to be afraid, so theres a chance he'll get himself involved.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Lower levels are fine, so long as the party works together, looks after each other and is prepared.

If charity comes along she will soak up all the deaths Razz
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:45 pm

That's why I'm not coming lol. You're on your own. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:03 pm

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! C'mon Charity, Tethys is great to have along on these things! bounce
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Come on ..You know you want to ... The more the merrier!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 pm

*goes and wastes all of his gold on raise scrolls unless he can get to level 9 by tomorrow night*
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 3:11 am

*goes and looses his gold and xp on the way to the shop so makes the decisions easy*

I reckon I'll be standing right at the back... Razz

At least there is a few thousand gold somewhere in the mod until next reset if anyone wants some money for raise scrolls Razz.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:25 pm

Wow, that was mad. Thanks to all who turned up for the adventure! And thanks to Phae for making it fun! Cool
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Ta for the night it was great fun and better as I can now work on destroying/corrupting/opposing a certain someone IC *insert evil laughter* although I think corrupting/opposing will be more fun then just destroying.

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:34 pm

You all did extremely well. Even in the final Hall, I thought it was going to end really badly with complete party destruction. I half expected someone to push that last mummy down the big hole at the back of the chamber ... Ah well .You did it the hard way ...

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 2:44 am

At least I brought the right number of raise scrolls and finished higher than level 6 so I think that counts as a pass.

The statue at the entrance and the two remains below were 75% of the result of the last party to go down there that basically all resulted in permadeath (one person escaped to tell the tale).
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 3:55 am

I remember that night, it was really crazy. Harls still tells the tale of escaping from the pits of hell only to be turned to stone by the basalisk....poor old Jools. Laughing
Back to top Go down
thelasthairyhippo

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:02 am

I still have nightmares ...

Imagine fighting/sneaking you way back up through four levels of respawns, no resoration potions left, diseased, ability decreases, no health packs/potions left ..a horde of undead on his arse... Seeing the light of day and climbing up the stairs to freedom only to walk straight into a basilisk at the top of the stairs and fail the save. I really liked that character too ...

Hey Spor, you still got links to the old website and the IC posts there?
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:02 am

That was great fun! That really was an epic adventure lol. cheers I couldnt even hurt most of the deaders lol cause i didnt have a magic weapon, but at least I survived the bloodbath at the end Very Happy (DM Pheadrus must of been cacking himself if he was watching Lucien running in one door and out the other pretty much in circles whilst being chased by deaders yelling 'To me!, help!!' Hehe, good times... Cool

...and hey! spent all that gold on transport to finally get that body to Stormhaven temple to find everyone had logged doh!
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:10 am

That is why I took mine to Aran city Razz
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:15 am

I was enjoying the show, I think that for a change when a major frontline force drops (Trey) and the rest of the PCs split and run actaully was a good tactic, ordinarily once PCs split, everyone usually dies, but here... Most of your opponents were so slow it worked to the partys advantage.

My favourite bit was when the party split to invesitgate the screams, and Tristan (I think) opening the door to be confronted by a horde of undead, spilling out into the hallway, whilst Jaks was way round the corner shaking her head and still saying its nothing but a room full of deaders. Classic.

There were a few deaths last night, it was unavoidable I think in that last section. But really, you were doing so well untill someone said ...Ok lets charge them now. *shakes head despairingly*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Shield OOC Roll Call   Broken Shield OOC Roll Call Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken Shield OOC Roll Call
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next