Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday Empty
PostSubject: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:11 am

Hi All

Please be advised that I am adding a few enhancements to Aeon, that I feel players may really like and be able to use to support their RP. The enhances are only two but reasonably significant to Bards and Clerics (Blackguards, COT, Paladins).

1. Improved Turning and Rebuke
2. Improved Bard Song System

Notes on each system.

1. Improved Turning and Rebuke

Evil aligned players can now rebuke undead. When you rebuke undead, instead of turning a creature, you paralyze them. If your rebuking level is high enough, you have a chance of dominating them and having them under your control for duration.
Turning effect can not be dispelled.
Turned creatures movement speed is decreased by half
Cleric Paladin, COT and Blackguard levels now stack.
And other stuff which is mechanics and I don't feel like sharing, just believe that this should make life fun for divine based characters.

2. Bard Songs

Bards now have 34 songs to choose from, which can be learnt from a scroll. Songs are balanced in game from the point of view that a Bard can be "jack of all trades, and a Master of none". These scrolls will be as treasure drops and via Merchants, somewhere in the module.

Song durations are affected by Lingering Song and Lasting Inspiration feats. Most songs scale by level.

Just using the scroll puts the song into their memory. A player can only have 1 bard song and 1 curse song in their memory at one time.

Songs you can learn and some high level notes
////////////////////////////////////////////::Custom Inspire Songs///////////////////////////////////////////
Sharp Note -Applies Keen effect to allied piercing/slashing weapons
Allegro -Apply Movement Speed Increase to allies
Hymn of Praise -Good allies receive increased AC vs. Evil
Infernal Threnody -Evil allies receive increased AC vs. Good
Song of Fury -Allies are sent into a Rage (Same effects and duration as Barbarian Rage)
Burning Bravura -Applies Fire Damage Bonus to allied weapons
Icy Ayre -Applies Cold Damage Bonus to allied weapons
Lyrical Lightning -Applies Electrical Damage Bonus to allied weapons
Corrosive Chorus -Applies Acid Damage Bonus to allied weapons
Sonorous Sequence -Applies Sonic Damage Bonus to allied weapons
Heat of Harmony -Allies receive Fire Elemental Immunity Bonus
Temperate Concord -Allies receive Cold Elemental Immunity Bonus
Insulating Aria -Allies receive Electrical Elemental Immunity Bonus
Bravura of Bases -Allies receive Acid Elemental Immunity Bonus
Assonant Echoes -Allies receive Sonic Elemental Immunity Bonus
Celestial Concerto -Allies regenerate
Bombastic Brawl -Applies Massive Critical Bonus to allied Bludgeoning weapons OR Damage Bonus to Gauntlets Crescendo -Allies receive an attack bonus which increases with successive performances e.g.: Play once (+1 ATK), Play twice (+2 ATK)... Play six times (+6 ATK)... *Special Notes: Each raise has a shortened duration Each raise requires a perform DC check to succeed Counter reset happens faster for lower level bards. *Failure: Silence for 10 rounds

*/////////////////////////////////////////////::Custom Curse Songs///////////////////////////////////////////*
Revealing Melody -All creatures receive Hide/Move Silent Penalty Invisible/Sanctuaried creatures must make a concentration check (DC: Perform) or be revealed.
Jarring Tune -All creatures must make a concentration check (DC: Perform) or fail spells for the next round. *2 rounds with Lasting Inspiration
Discordant Air -Applies Enhancement Penalty to enemy weapons.
Insidious Rhythm -Enemies must make a concentration check (DC: Perform) or recieve a spell failure chance.
Unceremonius Rhapsody -Enemies recieve Sonic Damage which increases with each successive performance. eg: Play once(1d6 Damage), Play twice(2d6 Damage)... Play six times(6d6 Damage)... *Special Notes: Each raise requires a perform DC check to succeed Counter reset happens faster for lower level bards. *Failure: Silence for 10 rounds
Immolating Libretto -Enemies recieve Fire Elemental Immunity Decrease
Freezing Ayre -Enemies recieve Cold Elemental Immunity Decrease
Cantata of Conduction -Enemies recieve Electrical Elemental Immunity Decrease
Stinging Lament -Enemies recieve Acid Elemental Immunity Decrease
Fortissimo -Enemies recieve Sonic Elemental Immunity Decrease
Dissonant Dirge -Enemies recieve reduced spell resistance
Insipid Oration -Enemies recieve reduced turn resistance
Animal Anthem -All creatures must make a will save or transform into a random animal.
Calumny -All enemies turn their attacks upon one of their own. *This song has 2 checks 1. The closest hostile creature must make a hitdice check (DC: CHA modifier) 2. On success, the bard must make a perform check (DC: Increases with each additional creature in hearing)
-If both checks succeed, all enemies attack the first targeted creature.

Yes some of these may be ratehr strong, however due to perform and level checks, plus scarcity, a balance of sorts is achieved.

Spor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
hino

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:26 am

Wow that really gives a lovely buff to Bards. Hooray for the two Bards there are. Congratulations. Very nice work by the way Spor, that must have been a large headache.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:29 am

Oh ^%&*

Somebody keep Rain occupied until I can find some Silence potions.
Back to top Go down
Vorpal_Spork

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:38 am

Hmmm, this seems rather interesting. And very welcome addition for bards! yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyMon May 25, 2009 9:11 am

At this moment, I am attempting to add updates to the module that will aid players from an RP point of view, either by building, adding items or as above the script changes. Time is limited for me, so high impact small changes are always the best.

Druids and Monks will get some loving next, but that will take a bit more work, as I either have to create from scratch or tone down some systems I have my eye on.

I am always open to peoples suggestions, especially when they come to me with the material sourced or even better yet created. I can never guarratee that everythings makes it into the module but I do retain a lot of things and I do slowly add them, (yes Charity I haven't forgoten your contributions)

The wolrd is slowly changing to meet player expectations and an idea I have burnign away in the back of my mind. The final product will be somethign fun and engaging to play on, though Aeon is primarily an RP world, with some solo PG areas to keep people happy in the quiet times.

Spor
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:43 pm

hino wrote:
Wow that really gives a lovely buff to Bards. Hooray for the two Bards there are. Congratulations. Very nice work by the way Spor, that must have been a large headache.

There are more than two bards Razz

The fact that I have a bard and an evil cleric is purely coincidental (wait, did I say that outloud? Razz)
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Oh Andy I counted your Bard. I was just discounting Vorpal's Bard. :p
Back to top Go down
Vorpal_Spork

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:27 am

Pfffft, like anyone cares what a gnome thinks. Razz
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Oh... helpful hint for anyone looking for the bard songs, from personal experience.

Contrary to the description, they arent only in the form of scrolls. Keep an eye out for all sorts of items, like musical instruments, scrolls, etc.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Teehee, I thought it better people played the search and yea shall find. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday   Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Ehancements to Aeon - PM Monday
Page 1 of 1