Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mage Guild

Go down 
+6
Squeak
Caffiene
DM_Phaedrus
ackptuoi
Andy B
Charity
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:43 pm

I was thinking nostalgically of things like the AA on Mysty and I wondered if anyone would be interested in starting some sort of a mage guild on Aeon? We could use the current Aran Mage Guild as a base to start off from.

I'd want to know if anyone was interested first though, so post here if one of your chars would be interested in joining such a thing!
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Rori would be borderline (yes I know, she is borderline a lot of things Razz) so could get in on arcane ability and lore knowledge but still more entrenched in the performance side than the magical.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 pm

She already told Varesh she wasn't interested. *smacks forehead*
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Trypsy would be tempted to join, unless there was too many books and stuff.

Though unless Kainah comes back she might be highest level mage for now.
*eeps* hehehe
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:19 am

Just to let you know. This is DM supported. So PCs getting involved will have access to the possibilities of adding stuff to the server like specific guild items, new guild areas, membership tokens, mage specific quests, all that kind of stuff.

It will be built from the ground up, so dont expect it all to happen at once Wink

Mage Guild Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:22 am

Hmm... I do love me a mage guild...

*rubs chin thoughtfully*
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:22 am

Shouldn't you and Trypsy be heading for the Druid grove thread lol?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:26 am

Nah, Torim isnt an "organised" druid. And Trypsy is a pretty good mage, from what Ive seen.

As for me... Theres always a second character, for when Torim isnt out and about. Ive been cycling through a few ideas, but mages always appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:28 am

Caffiene wrote:
Nah, Torim isnt an "organised" druid. And Trypsy is a pretty good mage, from what Ive seen.

As for me... Theres always a second character, for when Torim isnt out and about. Ive been cycling through a few ideas, but mages always appeal to me.

From what I saw Arkus isn't an organised Druid either. Razz Just bring your share of the magic mushrooms. Mage Guild Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:16 am

My dwarven mage would have joined but he got mashed by Silas's first summoned demon Razz How is your necromancy department? Razz
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:18 am

Andy B wrote:
My dwarven mage would have joined but he got mashed by Silas's first summoned demon Razz How is your necromancy department? Razz

Your dwarf can join the list of horrible experiments in the basement. Razz
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Trypsy is currently a better mage than ranger, but that's kind of a technicality.

And

um

ilmath never quite made it into the AA

>.<
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:59 pm

LOL, I totally thought Trypsy was a Druid from her RP alone. That'll teach me to not metagame the intro screen. Razz
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:07 pm

Quote :
ilmath never quite made it into the AA
Thats because she was so quiet and antisocial around the established mages that half the AA thought she was secretly a serial killer or something Razz
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Trey may be interested after I finish all these annoying exam and assignment pieces.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:21 am

Marlene may have an interest as well.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Hmm, well the proof of the pudding is how many actually show up. XD How many people would be available on Thursday night to meet at the Aran Mage Guild and discuss magely things?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Most likely.
Although if you want to create a mage guild, an already existing mage guild may not be the best place to try and start it Razz Might be considered a little rude.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Well I thought the point was using the already established guild and just forming a PC branch of it.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Yes, the idea is for new members to join the Aran guild of which there are currently two 'visible' people (there are all those invisible mages running around though too Razz). Either way still lots of room for extras.

Maybe Tristan should come along because we all know all of the high level Torm clerics are actually evil Bane mages Razz.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Ah, fair enough.

To be honest I hadnt even really thought about the Aran tower as a proper guild as such... The way its described in-game is just as a mage tower built by a specific mage to train underlings, but who died some time ago. I figured it was just a few historian mages trying to honour his memory by providing some services to young students.

Wouldnt creating a branch of Gabriel's tower need a lot of DM help, though, being an established guild with senior members, etc, but no information about their rules or goals?
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:40 pm

That is a point. Rhiannon got to talk to Varesh about membership, but it would probably require a lot of effort from Phae if several PCs get involved. What do you guys think then? Would it be better to set up our own thing so we can manage it all ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:53 pm

I guess it depends what you actually want the guild to do.
When I think of the AA, to me standout points were their list of goals and that they provided a sort of focus for "We need to find a senior mage!" moments. With a guild with NPCs as the senior members obviously those are going to work less well.
But if you have other ideas of things you want the guild to be doing, then it depends what the ideas are whether NPC senior members are be a benefit or a downside.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 pm

Well I never actually joined the AA. Teira nearly got in, but that was as close as I got. I just remember them being a good source of RP and a focus for a lot of magical happenings. So how did they actually start?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Essentially it was Gouranos' roleplay. He wanted to protect magic, and find some friends, and set up a sort of... loose association... of the magic users at the time, with the goals of "promoting the good name of magic" and such. The idea was to make sure that peasants and non magic users werent given the impression of magic as a bad thing and start forming mobs with torches and pitchforks Razz
But because Gouranos wasnt the type to lead or force others to abide by his decisions, it became a very democratic alliance.

So I always thought of those things as defining points of the AA: Their goals/ethics for promoting the good name of magic, their democratic workings, and the way they became a sort of resource for other characters as the "senior" mages around town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mage Guild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild Empty

Back to top Go down

Mage Guild
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next