Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mage Guild

Go down 
+6
Squeak
Caffiene
DM_Phaedrus
ackptuoi
Andy B
Charity
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Charity

Charity

Mage Guild - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Hmm, the AA had a kind of loose alliance/mutual respect with the Specularum Mage's Guild with whatever his name was, T something?, as the leader, didn't they? And Stormhaven itself doesn't have a Mage Guild afaik. So maybe we could set up a Stormhaven Mages Guild and stay on good terms with the Aran Mages Guild so we can work with them if necessary. Then we get more control of things and a DM can join in still if they want to?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Charity wrote:
Hmm, the AA had a kind of loose alliance/mutual respect with the Specularum Mage's Guild with whatever his name was, T something?, as the leader, didn't they?
Heh... thats one way of putting it.

The AA mostly appeared to get along well with the Alphatians because the Alphatians treat wizards as nobles. So the AA were some of the few people who werent automatically treated as inferior beings. Didnt stop the Alphatians from trying to screw us every chance they got, they just allowed us to speak with them first Razz

But yeah, a Stormhaven guild would certainly be an option. If the guild are nice, sensible people then theyre going to be open to hearing from other mages, and if theyre successful in creating a guild then other mages are likely to look to contact them in return, and you naturally get a sort of working relationship.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm

I meant after the Alphatian Embassy was destroyed actually and the guys who were making that device for measuring the pillars or something. *nostalgic moment*

Okay, who's available on Thursday evening to meet in Stormhaven (so nearly typed Specularum XD) and discuss starting a Mage Guild then? Is 8pm too early for you guys? I could do 9, but that's 11 for me and I have work the next day so later than that wouldn't be good.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Frigo would be interested in joining a mage guild. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:48 am

hmm, sounds like a good plan, Marlene might be interested in making a start given she hates having to go all the way to aran to meet any mages Razz and given her charisma (like most sorcerers) maybe she Is a born leader!!... (or shes just nice to look at.. whichever works Razz)
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:52 am

If I get time i'll jump on, there's currently like a 10% chance of me meeting any planned time until after Friday.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 am

hino wrote:
Excellent! Our test subjects are searching themselves out. This can only mean great things for the guild!
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:58 am

yes, weak minded, easy to bend to your own personal desires... *nods sagely*
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:27 am

Caffiene wrote:
hino wrote:
Excellent! Our test subjects are searching themselves out. This can only mean great things for the guild!

Plus you have Andy B's dead dwarf for the Necromancy department. So one live test subject and one dead. XD

Ok, so is the weekend better? Give me some feedback on times people! Razz
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:28 am

No weekends, for me mid week is best, even if I will never be in the guild. To watch the formation of something that has great potential to be server influencing is enough for me.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:51 am

A Stormhaven Guild is a great idea. The thinking behind branching out form the Aran guild is to lay foundation for PCs who want to get involved. So it wil be player led. But if for some reason the primary movers and shakers that start the guild or run it delete, leave etc. then there is still a hierarchy and system involved for new PCs.

That was a problem with the AA. When mage PCs were no longer involved it was difficult getting it running again.

So getting some kind of support from Aran is quite essential. It may help financially, scholarly, and through networking to establish somethign proper in Stormhaven.

If its RPed the right way, you may get a mages tower of your own, etc so on and so forth.

Besides. You need npcs to bolster the ranks ... and there is also a perfectly good IC background to get support from the NPCs to build something particular in Stormhaven. If you go the right way Wink
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Plenty of invisible mages wandering around Stormhaven at the moment anyway to bolster the NPC ranks. Again enthusiastic PC ideas + toolset access =... Razz

Would defnintely want a link to Aran guild and then just have Stormhaven running mostly autonomously (a bit similar to the Stormhaven church but still having a link to the Aran one).
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Thursday should work for me.
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Charity wrote:
LOL, I totally thought Trypsy was a Druid from her RP alone. That'll teach me to not metagame the intro screen. Razz

OMG! Lol

I Suck

And well if Trypsy were a druid she would forever be roaming around as a puppy... err wolf.
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Caffiene wrote:
Quote :
ilmath never quite made it into the AA
Thats because she was so quiet and antisocial around the established mages that half the AA thought she was secretly a serial killer or something Razz

Almost more than technically correct, lets perhaps say that Aeslyn was a good influence for a while, but the boots starting pushing back, lol.

Besides, at the time wasn't there a 4th level spell casting requirement?

She actually had long term plans to join and outlive the existing members Mage Guild - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:17 am

Is everyone okay again for this Thursday?
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:27 am

I should be available.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:14 pm

I will be around to cause confusion (or listen quietly, haven't decided yet Razz).
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Quite likely able to be round tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:12 am

Well I'm getting bored waiting for 'official' approval for a guild, and we're supposed to not need a DM to RP anyway.

So, Marlene was going to tell the church/Celend about the guild, Rhiannon was going to do the same for the Aran mages, and we needed permission from the Factor. I vote I set up an IC thread and we put it all in there, then presume the guild is ok unless we hear otherwise.

Then as a first guild activity, we could offer help for this. http://aeon.heavenforum.org/aeon-in-character-ic-f6/notice-posted-in-stormhaven-t388.htm

What do you guys think?

As for the Druid we imprisoned, I think he died of old age. XD
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:32 am

Marlene has put forward the motions to the church, just waiting for a response which will come in due time as I believe people are busy with RL atm, the only problem will be, I can only have Marlene or Julie on at any one time, so if the mage guild which includes Marlene is going to help out The silver eagles, which includes Julie, there maybe a problem.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:43 am

So you sent a PM or talked to someone in game?

Yeah I guess you'd just have to pick one for the event.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:02 am

yes PMed.

and difficult choice, obviously a cleric is always a good addition to a group, but, then Marlene would need a good reason to not go, hmmm, town watch while the group goes out leaving the town vulnerable that sounds like a good reason, I mean, sure there are militia, but no offence to the proud people protecting the town, but when push comes to shove if anything out of the ordinary goblins wandering by attack stormhaven, they fall over like a house made of paper. though the factors men are a decent force, it helps to have a mage overwatch >.>

Last edited by Jamoise on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:04 am

Militia are cannon fodder. They should wear red shirts. XD
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:32 am

Whenever someone says cannon fodder... i immediately think of this old Amiga game I used to play by the same name.

Game Intro :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiYuq6Ac3a0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mage Guild   Mage Guild - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mage Guild
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next