Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play time tonight

Go down 
+3
Mr_Grumble
Mr Damage
Jamoise
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamoise

Jamoise

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Ill be on tonight after 6:30 pm EST (half an hour after server resets.) if anyones interested in doing some adventuring, If not, Ill just be looting and pillaging by myself Sad
Back to top Go down
Mr Damage

Mr Damage

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:14 pm

that was awesome! had bags of fun Play time tonight Icon_biggrin had that faction bug though so logged because all the inn went hostile when I entered lol. I should get an early night anyway so cheers all, had fun Play time tonight Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Nawww.... sounds like you guys had fun without poor Vennyn..... *sigh* he really is a nice guy once you get to know him.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Got a chance to blow the dust off Rori for a return spin as I've been playing Tristan mostly of late when I've made it on Smile.
Back to top Go down
hino

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:57 pm

I missed Rori and Vennyn was left alone? Oh cruel fate, you torment me.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks to the dm (who I assume was Jimmy) who added a bit of extra flavor to the adventure last night, hope everyone enjoyed it, though, I find it harder to play a "good" character and still keep them interesting. and thanks to everyone for turning up.

Cheers

Jamoise
Back to top Go down
DM_Tyro_Jimmy

DM_Tyro_Jimmy

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:54 am

Somebody think of the children.... heh half eaten baby so classic.

Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
WarlordKro

WarlordKro

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Quote :
I find it harder to play a "good" character and still keep them interesting.

Jimmy thinks she is interesting... (the pc, not the DM).

*ahem*

Yeah thanks everyone - was fun.
Back to top Go down
DM_Tyro_Jimmy

DM_Tyro_Jimmy

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:16 pm

Quote :
Jimmy thinks she is interesting... (the pc, not the DM).

*ahem*

Yeah thanks everyone - was fun.

Yeah, I just think everybody is interesting as I get to torture them.

I was going to say something about keeping characters interesting in general, however for some reason it kept turning out to be over 7000 words long or at least MS word 2007 claims it was as such I deleted it. I generally follow a bunch of rules although I'm knocking it down to five so that I don't turn it into another rant.

1. Just remember this is a roleplay server and we encourage, support and reward roleplay. I am personally less likely to run something for the person who has just killed goblins and spiders for the fifth time that day then somebody who's been roleplaying around town, talking to NPC's or players even if a DM isn't on.
  2. Sometimes you'll have the most fun if you find your character a best friend who they can talk to about anything, or in some cases a lover who they can worry about, care for, talk to, fight with and everything else you do with a lover (Just work out your limits and your counterparts limits OOC so that you don't make the other uncomfortable)
  3. Try and avoid going out alone, these posts on getting people to come on for some group adventuring are great use of the forums.
  4. Try and think of a good reason (a reason you haven't used that week or if you want to limit it more you can limit it to with a group or over a month) as to why you're going out to kill something that day, unless you're in a group. If you can't think of something then perhaps you should avoid going.
  5. Your character doesn't have to level up to grow stronger, your character can also grow emotionally and sometimes it's more fun to be the weakest member in the party.

A side note if you would like something run and show you have thought it through, you're welcome to PM me about it. I don't mind looking over something and I might run with it, just remember if you do ask me to run something I may change things at my disgression, however if it's running something similar to Haggatha's (WarlordKro's PC) druid ritual from Mystara for bringing in the new season where a player is leading everything I'm all for it. The same goes for a bard wanting to do some sort of performance, or a mage wanting to summon or create something, however again it'll be left at mine and possibly the DM team's disgression if anything happens with it.

A side note, I won't be doing anything that will require scripting or area modifications on the module so don't ask if you want to burn a building down as much as the pyro in me would love to help I just wont.

The real Jimmy.

PS damn name stealing theives.
Back to top Go down
hino

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:43 am

An interesting subject and one that needs a post of its' own, perhaps in the open forum section. I am looking forward to some of the responses, mine will have to wait till I get home or when I am less busy at work right now.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:49 pm

I used to destroy things in game when DMing on Mysty (such as caving in the goblin forest cave entrance and setting a large amount of the woods on fire that some may remember Razz). Trickis that after reset I just came up with a plausible reason as to wh yit was unearthed (a number of goblins attacked the mine and stole pick axes to dig their way back out, leaving a few bodies strewn across the western side of Threshold Smile.

So you can burn down a building (for example), as long as there is some way to make it not persistent Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Play time tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play time tonight   Play time tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Play time tonight
Page 1 of 1