Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bugs, features, and oddities

Go down 
+18
The Sigil
Mr typoo1
Mr_Grumble
J-3
hino
Kat
Andy B
Ryxxa
mykael
Squeak
The Mad Hatter
Toroi
Relexx
DM_Phaedrus
Charity
Caffiene
sporaxis
TheSilentBugler
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSilentBugler

Bugs, features, and oddities Empty
PostSubject: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:53 am

You want reports?
By post or PM?

Or just suck 'em down like a good mystite is used to.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Exploits please PM, everything else post
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 5:15 am

Might as well use this thread, since it has an appropriate title Smile

Ive got a feature request. I was wondering if its possible to change the resting information a little.

Specifically, theres the "You must wait X hours to rest" message and the "This area is not safe to rest in" message. It would be very handy if the priority of the two could be reversed - as it currently stands Ive had a few occasions where Ive stood around waiting for 3 or 4 in-game hours only to be told at the end that I cant rest there.

Being told that an area is unrestable would be good to know first, if its possible.

edit:
Also, I just noticed a slight bug. I accidentally hit rest in the welcome room - it told me it was unsafe to rest, but then when I spoke to robo-Sporaxis and chose "start at my last safe rest" it took me to the spot in the welcome room where I hit the rest button.

extra edit:
The conversation with Verex the trapper in Aran gives the me the choice of proudly proclaiming "I am some items or particular rarity". Might be a suitable choice for an excitable halfling, but for other characters perhaps "I am looking for some items of particular rarity" might be more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:49 am

Cheers Caff. The Verex conversation was written in DBA speak and I am sure that it was using language appropriate to the mindset. All logged for review.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Weird thing was happening in the goblin caves. You attacked a goblin, it came up with a yellow script fired message, then you stopped attacking without swinging and the goblin still took damage. If it didn't die you then had to click on it again every time you wanted to swing at it or your char would just stand there blankly.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Sorted. My fault. Dodgy Misclick. Server Reset everything normal.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:21 am

I thought all along that noone sold double axes and stuff like that. But as it turned out there was no marker highlighting the blacksmith's shop so I didn't know he was there hehe.

I don't know what walkpaths the Militia in town have but while sitting at the campfire last night they kept walking into the benches lol. And there's a Brown Angus cow that never stays in his pen but goes gallivanting around town.
Back to top Go down
Relexx

Relexx

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 7:39 am

Caffiene wrote:
The conversation with Verex the trapper in Aran gives the me the choice of proudly proclaiming "I am some items or particular rarity". Might be a suitable choice for an excitable halfling, but for other characters perhaps "I am looking for some items of particular rarity" might be more appropriate.

sporaxis wrote:
... written in DBA speak ...
LOL I must have been very tired when I originally wrote that ...
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:52 pm

You were mate, I recall that time period.
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:52 pm

A slightly annoying problem in the cave goblin caves. Going down a level only jumps you to a different part of the map, not to a new map, so any summons, animal companion, familiar etc get stuck back at the beginning. Is there any way to drag them through with you?
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Not sure if its a bug or a "feature"...

The merchant in Stormhaven seems to think 40,000 or so gp is a fair price for a belt of archery. I dont think my appraise roll is that bad Razz
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:44 pm

These kinds of belts are quite popular, unfortunately, there isnt an infinite supply of them ...

Quite simply, they are becoming a rare item.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Damn those merchants and their understanding of supply versus demand. Next thing you will know is that the people controlling travel will up the prices.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Heh. Fair enough. Although it seems like theyll price themselves out of the market that way... Most of the local critters have multiple damage types, which makes the belts less useful, and by the time you have that much money you could get to other cities with bigger trade routes anyway...
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Exactly, always other merchants and over time they will relise that they are charging too much, silly buggers.
Back to top Go down
Toroi

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Not sure if this is just me, but is the resurrection system bugged? I had to talk to the dragon 3 times to get back to the mortal plane - which was extremely frustrating, since he took over 1k xp every time. Then, when he finally did rez me, I was blinded. Had to relog to fix blindness. Not sure if I just had horrible luck or if others have had issues.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:47 am

Hmm. I understand the prices going up on the belts... but was the belt that my other character already had supposed to suddenly become a lesser belt?
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:58 am

Yes, I've had that problem as well. I'd had a belt I'd been carrying since I'd gained a new belt, but hadn't had the opportunity to sell. Suddenly it became a lessor belt.
I understand the ones in the stores going up, but the ones we're already carrying???? Shocked

Lucky for me I wasn't needing to wear it, but still...... lol.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:23 am

Sorry people, there are some onenter clean up scripts firing that adjust the belts at the moment to become lesser belts. We are currently balancing parts of the servers stores and items and this is one of the outcomes.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:53 am

Currently Darkfire is adding 1d6 firedamage and 4 fire damage to the weapon it is added to for me (id guess 1d6 for the general 1d6 part of the spell and the +4 is the bonus 1 per 2 caster lvls you get). I love the new darkfire as it reduces lag and removes several bugs with the standard version however I was wondering why you had two sets of fire damage added. NwNs only takes the highest of the two (on average) so it makes it a perm +4 fire damage, the 1d6 is rather useless to have on the weapon as is. Anyhow just letting you know

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:36 am

Ummm. We'll have a look at Darkfire - have to change one of the damage types.

With the change from the old belts to the new lesser belts, the cash value of the lesser belt is about the same (if not a little higher) than the old belt originally cost you. Might not be what you'd choose to have spent it on given its reduced power, but you can always sell it if you want to recoup some of your investment...

The changes to DR are basically to avoid it becoming a 'must have' item. What happens is that lots of people get +5 DR, then the monsters get upgraded to do 2d6 or 2d8 damage (instead of 1d6 or 1d8) so they can actually hurt them, then the PCs get +20 belts, and the monsters get upgraded to 15+d20 damage - at which point anyone who doesn't buy DR has no chance what-so-ever of fighting them.

With the changes, we can keep monster damage low, meaning you don't have to have DR to survive, and it will actually give some benefit for those who do invest in it - and for those classes (Barbarian and Dwarven Defender) that get it as a part of their class abilities.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 am

Squeak, thanks for picking up the darkfire issue, we will get onto that ASAP.

Myk sums it up nicely and I recall another htread where he did the same regarding items and overpowering creatures. I have played on other worlds, where the items are socketable and become massively overpowered, this means the creatures suddenly need to become overpowered and it becomes an arms race. My char on that server didn't own all the kit and was constantly squashed, where if they were on mysty, melni or aeon they would have been gods. I got tired and moved on, the bling only blinded me for a while. Epic battles against hard creatures is more fun than battles where you are fully kitted out and can't be hurt. Fun for a while but... meh

Spor
Back to top Go down
Toroi

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:20 am

One thing I notice is that if I use ultravision, I am effectively blind when it wears off. I know there used to be an old Bio bug that did that if you rested with it on, but this affects me even if it just wears off. Not sure if that is a Bio bug or not.
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Added to list for research. If you have any data or links to this from bioware would be useful.
Back to top Go down
Toroi

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Quote :
Fixed some issues where the Darkness spell, when combined with
Ultravision/True Seeing, could under specific circumstances incorrectly make
you blind when your Ultravision/True Seeing wore off.

That is quoted from patch 1.65. So, supposedly it was fixed.

I've mostly been using ultravision with the troglodytes, and the clerics tend to cast darkness on me. Can grab me in game or on MSN and can log in and test it out if you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugs, features, and oddities
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Aeon - Out of Character (OOC)-
Jump to: