Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bugs, features, and oddities

Go down 
+18
The Sigil
Mr typoo1
Mr_Grumble
J-3
hino
Kat
Andy B
Ryxxa
mykael
Squeak
The Mad Hatter
Toroi
Relexx
DM_Phaedrus
Charity
Caffiene
sporaxis
TheSilentBugler
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 am

Grrr and grumble.

If anyone is impacted, ie lost levels etc, please send me a pm.

Spor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 pm

sporaxis wrote:
Grrr and grumble.

If anyone is impacted, ie lost levels etc, please send me a pm.

Spor

I think I lost my Holy Avenger. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:30 pm

LMAO....good one Charity. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:35 pm

*gives Charity's druid/barbarian a holy avenger which is undroppable with so many goodies you can't UMD it even if you took rogue levels*

Smile

Last edited by Andy B on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
J-3

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:39 pm

It's working...It's working...it's working....Lah-lah-laaaaaahhhh! Very Happy bounce

And have the drops been upgraded? I went to my usual haunts and opened a chest to find a +1 greataxe Shocked Normally I get 10-30gp Rolling Eyes scratch

Not complaining though santa
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 am

Has anyone else noticed a bug in which certain monsters are not visible? Not as in invisible or hiding, but for some reason are not displayed on screen. The creatures can attack and do damage, but you cannot put cursor on them to attack (even though name of creature appears when you hit tab). This bug can be got round by going thru a transition then back again (hey presto monster appears) or of course by finding something else to squash and then get a cleave attack on the non-visible monster Smile .

So far it has only happened to me with weaker critters.. but if it occurred with a more powerful monster, then it could lead to a bit of an unfair death Sad
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:30 am

Yes it's happened to me and used to happen to me on Mysty too so may be a Bioware bug.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:03 pm

It is a BW bug - the actual targetable model is actually there but at a completely different location (and probably high up in the sky too Razz) so is a bit hard to click on. Happens more often with mobs, so probably very unlucky if it happened with a boss. Fortunately it is a client rather than a server issue, so if you are in a group versus a boss then at least others will be able to hit it. Only other way to hurt them is AOE attacks or get an attack of oportunity on them and then your targetting will keep a lock on them as wilth a normal creature until you break your current action. The highlight key will at least show you what the name is.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Yeah its a BioBug.

As Andy says, what seems to happen is that the visual of the creature is being drawn at some crazy coordinates miles away from where the camera can actually see, while the game logic treats it as being where its supposed to be. You can see it most clearly with some of the spells that have area targets, eg Missile Storm - cast it nearby and you can watch the missiles go rocketing off somewhere above the screen to hit the creature.

I remember a few sneaky fire giants doing it to me on Mysty... not sure if there was anything worse. Maybe a white dragon, once...
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:56 pm

I also remember reading somewhere that you can decrease the chance by forcing nwn to use more memory although I can't remember where I seen it. I haven't experienced the problem since just after the last patch came out, however I play around with my config files on a regular bases so I have no idea which setting may have stopped it happening to me. I remember seeing on one server though they added a command to redraw the creatures textures in the area to fix the problem up. If I get a chance i'll see if I can find the source of where I seen these two different solutions.

Squeak.
Back to top Go down
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:48 pm

...also seems to be related to trying to run scripts on the beasties while they are still in the middle of the spawn in animation. I think the spawn in animation gets truncated, leaving the visual for the body at rather an odd offset from its actual location. If you can list the critters you see it happening for, we may be able to tweak things a bit to make it less likely.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Grumble

Mr_Grumble

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:58 pm

mykael wrote:
...also seems to be related to trying to run scripts on the beasties while they are still in the middle of the spawn in animation. I think the spawn in animation gets truncated, leaving the visual for the body at rather an odd offset from its actual location. If you can list the critters you see it happening for, we may be able to tweak things a bit to make it less likely.

So far only goblins and kobolds for me.... more often kobolds... probably about 4 or 5 times with them now.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 am

Hey, just letting the powers that be know that Jaks is having MAJOR issues with traps at the moment. Whenever she tries to lay them, be they minor or deadly, they go down successfully (the lovely green square is visible) and two seconds later they just disappear. It happened when we were in Aran mines the other night, and its happening now in the goblin caves.
Phae even put a totally new trap in my pack for me to try and the same thing happened.

But this is even more weird. When I walk over traps that Phae has laid, Jaks sucks them into the ether as well! He put down a few to see what happened, and as she walked over then, they just went away. She didn't trip them, they just vanished.

Would someone be able to look into this? I'd really appreciate it! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:47 am

LOL, Jaks has achieved Rogue Epic status. Traps flee in terror at the mere sight of her. affraid
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:59 pm

lol....that's not helpful Charity. Cool
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:41 pm

I set off a trap I just laid once, but it was a one-off so I thought it wasn't important (tricky to get away from when you are standing in the middle of it after it is set).

I assume it hasn't been a big problem before, or are you just using traps more often now? Is it one particular type and power of trap? Crafted or found?
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:22 pm

I'm not setting them off, they are just vanishing. Its says its been laid successfully, and comes up saying "lost item trap" but its no longer on the ground. And the fact that I suck up DM or regularly occuring traps as well, is really weird.

I'm not actually tripping either my own, or the ones in red, they are literally just vanishing. I tried various types and strengths, and Phae put a brand spanking new on in my pack to try, and that vanished after being laid as well. He watched as I walked over one's he'd set and they just went away. It's like Jaks is a black hole for traps.... lol.

But a rogue without traps is no rogue.... *sob* and I've now lost about 8 deadly traps and over 10 strong/avererage traps in trying to figure it out. HELP! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Looking into it. Suspect an update may have caused issues
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
J-3

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:06 pm

The Mad Hatter wrote:
But a rogue without traps is no rogue.... *sob* and I've now lost about 8 deadly traps and over 10 strong/avererage traps in trying to figure it out. HELP! Crying or Very sad

You didn't test this in the Goblin mines did you? 'cause I found those traps, the hard way, and died three times! Impossible saves and instant death!

It doesn't even say what the damage was (ie: Elemental, sonic, divine...) Just death! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:33 pm

No, those were not my traps. The traps in the lower goblin caves are always there, and they are deadly ones as I've removed a few.
Back to top Go down
The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Ok, problem sorted. Cool

I'm back baby!!!!
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:29 am

All sorted, was a conflict with an item picked up effecting the Trap feats.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 5:03 am

Being booted from the server instantly, Phae is in there but no one else can get in it seems.

Edit:And it is now fixed...False alarm folks.
Back to top Go down
Caffiene

Caffiene

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 5:46 am

Bloody gnomes.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 6:13 am

Yes I was having some alone time with a couple of succubi ...

...Oh no wait, it was just a reset ...ahem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugs, features, and oddities
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Aeon - Out of Character (OOC)-
Jump to: