Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
All

It has been a good run with Aeon, but all things run their course and come to an end. I have watched Aeon slowly grow then die off as people moved onto other interests or found worlds that appeal to them more. Instead of leaving the server up and running empty, I have decided to turn off the server and close the player portion of the forums.

I would like to thank those that have put in their time and effort, either as DM's, builders or players. Without your efforts a world can not exist or grow into something more than a concept.

So what next, for me I am not sure, perhaps I shall learn something else perhaps not. I do know my power bill will be smaller next month, so out of sad endings a positive comes.

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Sporaxis
Aeon PW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon PW a Never Winter Nights 1, Persistent World.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bugs, features, and oddities

Go down 
+18
The Sigil
Mr typoo1
Mr_Grumble
J-3
hino
Kat
Andy B
Ryxxa
mykael
Squeak
The Mad Hatter
Toroi
Relexx
DM_Phaedrus
Charity
Caffiene
sporaxis
TheSilentBugler
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Charity

Charity

Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:48 am

Not a bug, but definitely an oddity. XD Has anyone noticed that the loading screens don't match the area you're transitioning into? Like I transitioned into the forest and got a loading screen of a storeroom. Or transed into the goblin caves and got petrified minotaurs.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 6:18 am

Loading screens are probaly set to random ...
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:54 am

ackptuoi wrote:
Magic Circle Against Alignment...
Spellbook says 1 hour per level.

Spell is Bioware standard. The issue seems to be with movement (like an action queue getting disrupted). Had Tristan cast it and it lasted about 8 minutes until he started moving around so I'm guessing this may be the issue. The only difference I can see between the area protection and other aura is that these spells have a "SignalEvent" call in them which triggers the SpellCastAt event on the spell target. No idea what that does or where that event is located on a PC object (normally in the properties of an individual creature/object) and not in the gerenic module properties where most of the other PC type events (death/dying) are located.

As it is a BW script there is likely discussion about t on main forums, but I might try commenting out that event signal and see if that stops it (as it doesn't seem to do anything anyway if there is no code associated with it Razz).

[EDIT]: Removing the signal event didn't help, and I can't replicate the bug in another random module I loaded up, so the plot thickens Razz. I remember it being an issue on another PW though.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:31 am

I think I've foudn the problem, so now I know how to make a solution:

Quote :
Lexicon:
EffectAreaOfEffect(int, string, string, string):
Known bugs:
In some cases, mobile AOE's (Applied to a creature, such as Invisibility Purge or Silence) seem to deactivate if the creature moves too quickly, as it triggers its own On Exit event somehow!

So I'll add a check to the onExit function to make sure it isn't the caster (or make the buff effects and the aura effects separate) Smile. In the meantime, I'd suggest walking while you are using it Smile.

Ones to fix are:
Circle of protection - good
Circle of protection - evil
Aura of Protection
Battletide
Invisibility Sphere

any others that create auras on PCs? I assume the NPC default aura abilities are different (and probably no code we can touch for those anyway?)
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:43 am

You may wish to take a quick look at the following as well.

Silence, Dirge and the modified Timestop for Aeon.

Also a side note Aura of Protection is a monster ability and to my knowledge all the of monster versions work, off the top of my head are as follows. As a side note I may have missed one or two.

Aura of Unearthly Visage (Death magic Aura)
" " Fear (Save vs fear while in small aura similar to barb terrifying rage)

" " Fire (Causes fire damage every round within the aura)
" " Cold (Causes Cold damage every round in the aura)
" " Electricity (Causes electrical damage every round in the aura)
" " Blinding (Save vs blind while in aura)
" " Stunning (Save vs stunning while in aura)
Dragon Fear Aura (Save vs fear while in giant aura)
And some weakening aura forgot it's name (save vs lowered attack and saves while in aura)

Then there is also the Barb terrifying rage feat however from memory that also works fine.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:52 am

I think it is all of the spells that affect the user as well as hostiles (as that is what is stopping it).Have disabled the aura effects being stripped off the caster, but now just have to strip them from being added by the aura and just link into the actual aura itself so they stop when the aura does.

Have the list of all the AOE effects from the Lexicon, but as said the hostile ones are probably okay. I'll fix aura of protection anyway as it works the saem way as the others.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Have fixed the following to apply temporary bonus effects to the caster at time of casting (along with the normal aura effects) rather than from entering/exiting the aura (which also would activate when the aura appears and disappears):

Circle of protection - good
Circle of protection - evil
Aura of Protection
Battletide
Invisibility Sphere

The rest don't seem to affect the caster (have checks if hostile in the scripts, etc.) so only the ones that would affect friendly creatures (of which the PC counts) had issues. Will just do some quick tests and then send the fixes off to Spor.

Now explains why the battletide activation visuals kept reapplying when Tristan was running around (although that looked fancy as it was as if he was glowing every 6 seconds Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 am

Fixes sound good. ;-)

Think you get problems with the AOE because it isn't actually a mobile AOE - the engine is probably cheating and using a static AOE that is destroyed and recreated based upon the PCs current position every second or six (essentially a stop-frame animation technique). Problem is the updates are very low priority and on a PW you may miss them before you move out of the last static AOE you got. You can maintain them for a while if you move very slowly.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:58 pm

All looks good for the caster, but now done some testing (with the original code and the revised code) and the onExit of the aura doesn't seem to trigger everytime, leaving friendlies with 'permeanent' buffs. Again likely to do with the aura leaving them while they aren't moving, but it seems to be semi-random based on my PC moving around a stationary friendly NPC. If the NPC had moved out of the aura it might be okay but loks as if the fact the aura is moving is keeping it thinking that the aura is still there, then it is recreated elsewhere without the onExit firing.

Not sure how to fix that side of it (apart from heartbeat scripts to check if they are in the aura which would be very messy) so might have to just fix the other side of the puzzle which is now working fine.
Back to top Go down
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:15 am

Might be easier to redrive the whole thing with heartbeat scripts. Caster would get one to see who was within range and then buff and start their heartbeat, recipients would get one to check if they were still close enough and flush the buffs if they were to far away from the caster. Could be slower than heartbeat if you schedule them with DelayCommand (15 second intervals?).
Back to top Go down
ackptuoi

ackptuoi

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 pm

What have I started, but yay! and thanks for working on it.

Happens in all the modules I can load up and run on my own pc... don't have a "jump in at level" one to test the base modules.

Would like it to work moving, though Trypsy will use it as an archer tool and stay still.

Oh and the moving too quickly would very likely be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:25 pm

mykael wrote:
Might be easier to redrive the whole thing with heartbeat scripts. Caster would get one to see who was within range and then buff and start their heartbeat, recipients would get one to check if they were still close enough and flush the buffs if they were to far away from the caster. Could be slower than heartbeat if you schedule them with DelayCommand (15 second intervals?).

I was just considering making the effect on others temporary for an hour or two. Not perfect but still only needs to make sure it doesn't stay forever (and most times the aura will dispell anyway).
Back to top Go down
mykael

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Yeah, that would be a nice, cheap solution.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:44 am

The Dr00ds in the blue forest, seem to cast some type of vine spell, that does damage, and can trap you to the ground, Ive noticed that these aoe vines last longer than any spell that you can cast on yourself, except for maybe protection from elements though, I wasn't willing to wait that long to test, but something seems strange about how long those vines last.
Back to top Go down
Squeak

Squeak

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:11 am

I believe the spell you're talking about is one of the two below, I haven't visited the area in a very long time so I haven't had the chance to view the spell they cast recently.

Clicky Clickly

The first spell deals minor damage per round and movement speed decrease and is the one i believe you are talking about. This spell lasts 1hour per caster level and is the reason it would appear to last an insane portion of time. The slowness isn't suppose to wear off for an entire ig day (24 hours or that of the endure elements spell).

The second spell does not cause damage to you, however depending on the one you pick you can entangle an opponent or cause a large drop in their movement speed every round they're in the spell. The movement speed decrease sounds similar to a few other spells that deal acid damage.
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:24 am

yes, sounds like spike growth, and they must cast vine mines as well at some point, cause for the first few minutes you make saves against entangle (or not) then after that, its just small amounts of damage and movement speed reduction, I don't know about you but, 1 hour a level seems a bit excessive for a aoe ground spell, 1 turn a level is probably what i think it should be, even though its a bioware spell, it just seems stupid, but i guess doesn't really need to be fixed, though it just seems stupid to have killed all these dr00ds, then the vines to still be there, annoying the crap out of you hours later... especially with the movement speed decrease.
Back to top Go down
DM_Phaedrus

DM_Phaedrus

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:32 am

Ah. Thats becasue the druids dont really die. They merely become one with nature and their essence moves into the vines and the trees and the grass and the daffodils. Hence they cackles madly in weedlanguage as they entrap you in their vines...
Back to top Go down
Jamoise

Jamoise

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:07 am

Maybe Ill make a druid, get to level 10 or somewhat, then make sure i choose, empowered, maximised, still spell and ect, then choose nothing but vine spikes as a spell for all my levels, then just cast them all over the goblin woods in the goblin spawn spots, then just run about spawning goblins every 30 minutes or so, id never have to cast a spell again for the entire night, cause they would still be there everytime you walk into the woods!, it would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:09 am

Learn one thing and learn it well...Changed druids are haxxors!
Back to top Go down
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:22 am

Yeah the movement decrease lasts a long time. I was still limping behind you guys all the way to Aran.

And regarding the goblin woods. If you do that I want to watch. XD
Back to top Go down
sporaxis
Admin
sporaxis

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Ahhh Legion are my babies. I am finding I am getting time again to pick up the toolset and unleash some mayhem. I think some variations will be fun as well...

Teehee.

SPor
Back to top Go down
http://sporaxis.blogspot.com
Charity

Charity

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 pm

sporaxis wrote:
Ahhh Legion are my babies. I am finding I am getting time again to pick up the toolset and unleash some mayhem. I think some variations will be fun as well...

Teehee.

SPor

Oh noes. We have awakened a monster! *flees*
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:46 pm

You see what your complaining gets you?!
Back to top Go down
Andy B

Andy B

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:50 pm

More fun stuff to play with! Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 Icon_biggrin. I still haven't forgotten your new playmates either Hino - that's what happens when a character's overexcited imagination is backed up by toolset access Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 Icon_biggrin.
Back to top Go down
hino

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 am

*whimpers and cries* I hate gnomes....stupid tool access gnomes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs, features, and oddities   Bugs, features, and oddities - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugs, features, and oddities
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeon PW :: Player Discussion Area :: Aeon - Out of Character (OOC)-
Jump to: